Announcing the 2016 Alumni Awards Program
The Ireland United States Alumni Association (IUSA) and U.S. Embassy Dublin seek nominations for the Second Annual Alumni Awards Program. In addition to expressing appreciation to the distinguished individuals honored, IUSA and the Embassy, through this award, seek to raise public awareness of the critical role played by alumni of U.S. exchange programs, including J1 alumni, in Irish society today. The award will be presented at the IUSA’s Conference and Awards Dinner on 28th January 2016 and two categories of nominations will be considered.
For further information, the online nomination form and profiles of the inaugural award winners: http://www.irishusalumni.com/award/
IUSA Distinguished Alumni Award
The IUSA Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed by the Ireland-United States Alumni Association (IUSA). The purpose of the award is to honor alumni of U.S. exchange programs who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to promoting the special relationship between then United States and Ireland, who have made outstanding contributions in professional or philanthropic pursuits, or who have participated in service related to the Ireland-United States Alumni Association. Nominations should provide substantive examples of how the alumna/alumnus has made a positive impact in their community or profession.
IUSA Emerging Leader Award
This award recognizes young alumni of U.S. exchange programs, including J1 alumni, who have made a significant contribution to their community and have demonstrated the potential for leadership and continuing service. Nominees must have completed their exchange within the past ten years. Nominations should provide substantive examples of how the alumna/alumnus has made a positive impact in their community or profession after returning from their exchange program. There is an expectation that the nominee is in the beginning of what will be a long-term distinguished career or role.
Criteria and Procedures
To nominate someone, please review the criteria below and then complete the online form at http://www.irishusalumni.com/award/. Please note you may not nominate yourself.
- Nominees must be alumni of a U.S. government exchange program, including the J1 program, and should be persons who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen business, profession or life’s work, or in their service to society.
- Nominees should be committed to supporting U.S.-Ireland ties, having made outstanding contributions by their scholarship, philanthropy or service to the alumni network.
- Winners must be persons willing to participate in the award ceremony at the annual conference and awards dinner on January 28, 2016, and in future activities with the Ireland United States Alumni Association network.
- Award Selection Committee members are not eligible for the award.
- Nominations must be received by Friday, December 11, 2015 at noon at http://www.irishusalumni.com/award/.