Are you able to help out?
The Fulbright Commission of Ireland will host the second TEDxFulbright event in Ireland on Saturday, February 6th, 2016 in Smock Alley Theatre. The theme for this event will be “Old Myths and New Realities.” The event will feature exceptional live presentations and performances from friends and alumni of the Irish Fulbright community.
We are now seeking volunteers to help support and deliver this TEDx event. Currently, the following volunteer positions are being sought:
- Design (print and digital)
- Technical support (to assist those hired to deliver sound and video)
- Stage Hands
- Speaker Assistants
- Irish translations (to translate and transcribe all videos after the event)
- Communications and Social Media (support for overarching communications plan)
- General administration & participant experience (ticketing, front desk, collateral, catering, etc.)
To apply for a volunteer position, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13th 2016:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Your Location
- Fulbrighter – Yes or No
- Which area you’d like to volunteer in and why (maximum 150 words)
- Relevant skills
- Anything else you think we should know
TED has never paid volunteers, but has always committed to creating an experience that is tremendously fulfilling for all engaged parties. For our TEDx event, we uphold the same goals. Volunteers for our TEDx will not be paid but will be given access to the event and catered lunch and snacks.
If you wish to nominate a potential volunteer other than yourself please contact Emma for further information. Please note that due to the nature of the event, preference will be given to applicants with a Fulbright affiliation.