IUSA Conference 2016Ireland: Providing a Challenging Vision for a New Republic
While many people are reflecting back on the events of 1916 and the intervening years, the Ireland United States Alumni Association Annual Congress on January 28th invites you to look forward to the next 20, 50 and 100 years.
Please note that the event has taken place already. Please check out our events calendar for future events
Join us at The Westbury Hotel to hear prominent speakers set out their vision for our future, inspiring us to envision exciting developments and challenges for the years ahead. They will bring insight, vision and ambition to the possibilities and potential of a new Ireland, the Ireland of our children’s future. This exciting conference theme allows us look forward with hope and confidence to the challenges and opportunities ahead for Ireland. The format of the conference will include lightning talks of 8 minutes each, followed by moderated panel discussion and audience Q&A.
- Amb. Kevin F. O’Malley, US Ambassador to Ireland
- Mr. Sean O’Rourke, RTÉ
- Mr. Ray Yeates, Dublin City Council Arts Officer
- Mary Rose Burke, Director of International & Corporate Affairs, IBEC
- Prof. Dáire Keogh, President, St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra & Deputy President Designate, Dublin City University
- Dr. Joseph Roche, Lecturer in STEM Education, Trinity College Dublin & Former Mars One Candidate
- Ms. Orla Murphy, Irish Youth Delegate to the United Nations General Assembly 2015
When & Where
Thursday, 28th January 2016:
4.30pm – Conference registration
5.00pm – Lightning talks and panel discussion with audience Q&A
7.00pm – IUSA Alumni Awards Dinner, including pre-dinner drinks in The Marble Bar
Note: We have changed the day of our annual Congress to Thursday for 2016.
Note: The IUSA AGM will start before the Conference at 3pm for members.
Congress is open to everybody. All are welcome.
Ticket prices are €65 inclusive
Dinner is included.
How Do You Sign Up
Sign up through Paypal or pay by cheque to ‘Irish US Alumni’
Events Secretary, IUSA, C/O U.S Embassy Dublin, 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Programme to be announced.
Check out Conference 2015
Who is coming?
Mary Rose Burke
Director of International & Corporate Affairs, IBEC